Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day.

Mother - the cause, source or origin of something. (Pastor Jerry Edmonson, 5/10/09)

What does being a mother mean to me? It means unconditionally loving, forgiving, sacrificing, responsibility, laughing, disciplining, caring for, prioritizing, patience! - that's a BIG one, comforting and being trusting of God. Prayer is a HUGE thing in my household. Especially from Jeremiah and my end.
I wouldn't change things for all of the world. My children have been a HUGE blessing to me. Being a mother has taught me things that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. Being a mother is who I am. And I thank God every day for including this in His plan. :)

Mother's Day started for me on Saturday night. Jeremiah drove 30 minutes (each way) to Cheesecake Factory to bring me my favorite indulgence - Cheesecake, of course!
On Sunday morning, I was given this:

My sweet Juliana. She made this key chain for me in Sunday School the week before. And what is a mother to do? Throw it on my keyring, RIGHT AWAY! This past week has been so hard for her - being five years old and keeping a surprise from mommy. Every night this past week, before bed, she would ask Jeremiah and I if Mother's Day was the next day. And I have to give her props....she didn't say one word the entire week!
I just LOVE her heart. She is so sweet and thinks of others before herself. She is a true example for me and how I should be ALL the time.

Before church, I tried to get a few shots of all of the kiddos together. This was one of those randoms. Jack and Juliana were trying to get Jacie to laugh...or at the least, smile. Mission Accomplished.

That morning at church, the children had a Mother's Day Tea for their mommies. It was so sweet. Juliana got to pick out a tea cup for mommy and we had tea and cupcakes!
Then, Jer and I went to "big" church and enjoyed some great worship and message. All of the mothers were given a red rose on their way in. But for some reason, I walked out with ten. :)

Here is my rendition of a Strawberry Custard Cassata Cake. I have been craving them for the past month or so. And I have to say, it turned out great! We had my mom and Krista over for dinner - Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice and Chips and Queso...I know, I know. Surprise, Surprise.

Jeremiah got me a frame with SIX picture spots in it (something I have been looking for, for a while now.) And being that mother's day happens to fall during the week of my birthday, he is doing something that his family did for him growing up.....FUN BIRTHDAY WEEK! :) So each day leading up to the big day, he is surprising me with a gift. I will keep you posted :)

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: