Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

My Jeremiah celebrated his 28th birthday this past week. It was his birthday but I felt that I was the one who should be celebrating.
We wanted to make it really special for him so....

The night before, Jeremiah had to work his night job - which was perfect because it gave us time to fill the foyer with balloons. Juliana and Jackson woke me up at 6:30 that morning so that they could "hide from daddy and yell SURPRISE!" When Jeremiah walked through the door the kids jumped from the stairs and he was greeted with giggles.

Next up was breakfast! The kids and I made daddy pancaked FILLED with love (of course.) They weren't as spectacular as my chocolate chip pancakes but were almost just as good.

We wanted everyone to know what a special day it was so we got Jer a "birthday boy" ribbon to wear all day! He wore it to work that morning but it only got through half of the day (it was having a rough time with the bushes that Jeremiah was trying to trim.) :)

At a little before noon, the kids and I surprised Jeremiah at work and whisked him away for a nice birthday lunch. Well....he decided on McDonald's, which was okay with the kids! After lunch we had birthday cupcakes and played for a little bit.

When Jer got home from work that afternoon, we surprised daddy with a new car....for his toy car collection at least! We set it in the garage right next to Lucy. It was definitely a funny "gag". Jer got a good chuckle.

Happy birthday Jer! I hope it was a great day for you!! :)

No comments: