Wednesday, March 23, 2011

my {security} "blankie".



Things I am LOVING today are:

*Grape kool-aid. I made some today for the kiddos at lunch time and I think I am on my third glass now. Bringin' it back old school. 

*Pandora. I was listening to the Laura Story station - after a very stressful morning and I was COMPLETELY uplifted with praise and worship. 

This song is one that I have been leaning on all week. The video is kind of cheesy but just close your eyes and meditate on the song...



And FINALLY....

*Jeremiah. Today has been one that I don't want to repeat tomorrow. It was full of stress, sobbing, boredom. Jeremiah has been traveling to Austin four days a week for work so I have been a "single mom" in the sense that it's just me for 4 days. This week, I have had to deal with somethings that have been, somewhat, an inconvenience. I have had to deal with the electric company, water company, phone company - with children in tow, a possible car inspection and temporary plate trip, painting a bathroom, etc, etc. This afternoon, in the middle of painting the kids' bathroom, our power sporadically  went out. This was the push over the cliff. Tears began to rush down my face, breathing increased, a feeling of overwhelming stress came over me. 
I called Jeremiah. No answer. I texted him - three times to be exact. He called me back right away but I was sobbing so hard I couldn't pick up the phone. So he called again. (I could hear exactly what he was saying as the phone rang on his end.."Why isn't she answering?" "She never has her phone on her." "I  hope the house isn't on fire....")
But....surprisingly, he was calm and soothing. Like a security blanket of a two year old toddler. He is my "blankie". Not only did he call me in the middle of his hands on job (I think he was turning off water to the toilet?) but he calmed me down almost instantly.  He asked questions like, "What did you have for breakfast? lunch?", "What color blue are you painting the bathroom? Can you compare it to something I am familiar with?"

I was calm and collected.  He reassured me that everything was okay. He was patient with me through all of my sobs. He was concerned. He was loving. He was my security blankie wrapped around me during a thunderstorm. 

All the way from Austin. <3

No comments: