Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cleveland Marathon Baby!!


So, last November when Jer and I were in NYC, we each bought a pair of shoes - tradition, its what we do. He bought a gray pair of New Balance shoes and I bought these...


My intentions were to start running again to A) lose my baby fat and B) work my way up to running a marathon...more specifically, the New York Marathon. Long story short, when Jer and I arrived in NYC, we were a little early to check in to our hotel, so we decided that we would grab some lunch at a corner pizza shop near the hotel we stayed in for our honeymoon. It was a great thought....we hopped on the "N" train (its yellow) and we got off at the Queensboro Plaza, only to find the street below packed to the gills with runners, walkers and people in wheelchairs. It was one of the most amazing sights I have ever seen in my life. I just turned to Jeremiah and said, "I want to do this!!!".


Well this morning, I was on Brooke Taylor's (Radio personality for 95.5) blog and she is training for the Cleveland Marathon...so I went on to their website (http://www.clevelandmarathon.com/ ) and I checked out the details...It is in 8 weeks so I am going to have to train 5 or 6 days out of the week...which is fine. I have a goal set and I am going to do it....


I want to cross that finish line in NYC and have that medal put around my neck...its the big picture...

No comments: