Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Thunder Rolls.....

...and the lightning strikes.
Yesterday afternoon the rains had picked up - something that I had been anticipating all day.

Jacie was having her after nap snack and she was drawn to the window next to her. By this point, it was coming down in BUCKETS and slapping the window. The trees were blowing this way and that. She seemed to enjoy this work of nature and come to think of it, I did too....but only from the inside.

This morning at about 3:30 - I was jolted from my sleep. The rain was violent, the thunder shook the walls of our house and lightning lit up the sky every 2.8 seconds. So I got up and cracked open our bedroom door, should the kids wake up. Then I laid back down and then the hail started. I was positive all three kiddos would be in our bed before I could take my next breath. But...nope. Slept through it all, thank goodness. I am not sure why I am surprised, they slept right through Ike.

This morning when I got up - again, at a normal time of 7:48am, it was as if things were in disarray. Schools had a two hour delay, activities were cancelled. It was as if a HUGE blizzard came through and we were "snowed in".
I felt the urge to dig out our snow shovel...or heat up my van.

Just funny, compared to Cleveland winters. And I have to say, I would take dump truck loads of rain over snow any day. :)

No comments: